Tuesday 7 March 2017

Soundscape Planning

Now I have looked at a range of sound artists and designers I am starting to plan my own soundscape in order to start recording it later on in the week. My main idea is to look at the diversities of places around the city of Brighton. I plan to record sounds in different areas and then create a contrast between the busy town and pier, with the peacefulness on the beach and seafront. 

I'm going to edit the busy city sounds together in a fast pace in order to emphasise the crowds and loud noises of the urban environment. This will be particularly effective on the pier, with the sounds of the rides and people on these. I will then contrast this with the sound of the waves and wind on the beach, away from the people in the town. 


If I go ahead with this idea I am going to record the sounds using a K6 microphone with a Marantz audio recorder. I may also book out a hydrophone in order to record sounds in the sea as these will sound slightly distorted and muffled, creating juxtaposition with the clear, loud sounds on the pier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment