Sunday 9 April 2017

Final Products - Conclusion

This concluding blog post will discuss my sound products from this module that are displayed below.




The first product is my interview and from the beginning of this module I knew that I wanted to create my interview around a topic that as affected me and that I am genuinely interested in. It took a bit of research to come up with my final idea as I spent a while looking through news articles to find something that I found interesting that is happening in Brighton. However, none of the news stories stood out to me so I started to look at ideas closer to home. I am very happy with how my interview turned out and the answers that I received. I tried to compose the questions in a way that would allow the interviewee to talk freely about the topic, however with given themes. 

I am also happy with the overall quality of the interview as the sound bed works well in the background in order to keep the clips sounding smooth and in sync with each other. I changed the volume of the background sound when there are gaps in the dialogue and I believe this works well in filling the needed silence. 



The second product of this module is my soundscape and is titled 'Brighton Seafront'. This needed to be 2-5 minutes, furthermore I decided to keep mine to the minimum time, at 2 minutes 11 seconds as it is quite a peaceful and quiet soundscape that would drag for the listeners if it was 5 minutes long. The idea for my soundscape came from being in Brighton on a busy Saturday and realising how bustling and loud it was compared to the beach and seafront. My idea developed from this, to looking at just the pier and the beach because they are connected and close, however have completely different vibes. 

My favourite bit of my soundscape is the transition from the pier sounds at the beginning to the beach sounds as the waves then last a long time, giving the listeners a chance to feel relaxed and listen to the waves up against the shingle. However, if I were to improve on my soundscape I would want to re-record some sounds to place at the start as it sounds a little jumpy, and I would like it to be smoother. The aim and intentions of my soundscape was to make the listener feel like they are on Brighton Seafront and make them feel two juxtaposing emotions whilst listening. I believe that I was successful in doing this as the sounds on the pier make me feel like I am surrounded by lots of people and lots of man made mechanics, however the sounds on the beach are very natural and are as if I am escaping from the busyness of Brighton. 

No comments:

Post a Comment