Sunday 9 April 2017

Recording Soundscape #1

Today I went into Brighton with a Marantz audio recorder and a Sannheiser dynamic handheld microphone to start recording my soundscape. I recorded sounds on the pier in order to achieve busy sounding recordings. I managed to gather some successful sound clips of the rides going, music playing and people screaming and talking. 


I also recorded a short sound walk whilst walking through the arcade to get the sounds of a variety of machines and will use these sounds in my final soundscape. 


After this recording day, my idea for my final soundscape has changed slightly and I am going to create it around comparing sounds between the pier and the beach. This is because these two places are so close to each other, however have a complete juxtaposition in the volume of sounds. Also, the sounds on the pier are mostly artificial, however the sounds on the beach are mostly natural. 

No comments:

Post a Comment